Address and E-mail

Elder Brandon Orr
3487 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84106

brandon.orr@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May 23, 2011

To be honest, there's not much going on. Things have been pretty slow lately. I think I'm finally starting to feel the trial of faith the mission has been going through these past few transfers. I just made some really big changes with my focus and commitment level with the mission and the work. I feel like I'm starting to see the trials from making those changes. Satan is trying to get me to go back to how I was, but I just know that if I continue with these changes I will be blessed. I'm so excited right now and so is President Winn.

At the same time, I'm praying I'm not called as District Leader. I've had two District Leaders in other districts tell me that he has brought me up when they were talking about stuff. I'm all about receiving blessings for the work I put in, but not this way. It's one of those things where I'd like to be one, but at the same time I don't. Many missionaries focus too much on aspiring to leadership roles instead of focusing on the role they already have been given, which is being a missionary.

All of our investigators are stuck on something that's keeping them from being baptized. I did have another baptism in my old area this past Saturday. I also have 3 baptisms scheduled for next week. I'm so happy. :) It's always good to hear that you all are proud of me. Probably the best. Love you

Brando

No comments:

Post a Comment